I missed you guys.
Download Jer’s Novel Writer
Download the latest version!
Jer’s Novel Writer for Macintosh 1.1.12 (1.7 MB).
Versin 1.1.12 fixes an occasional crash when OpenOffice starts up while Jer’s Novel Writer is running. It also works on G3 processors again. See the release notes for more information.
Download a version that’s been out there a while.
Jer’s Novel Writer for Macintosh 1.1.8 (1466 KB).
This version has been out there a couple of years.
These are fully-functional versions of the software; you can use Jer’s Novel Writer on a trial basis as long as you like. Just keep in mind that “free trial” and “free” are not the same thing. If you find it useful, I’d really appreciate it if you would buy a license key.
Jer’s Novel Writer is for MacOS X 10.4 (Tiger) and higher only. Version 0.6.0.7 mostly works on Mac OS X 10.3.9, but there are some, um… let’s call them quirks.
I strongly recommend that you check out the Release Notes.
Changes since last release (see the release notes for a more comprehensive change log):
- Added Strikethrough menu item
- Removed depricated function from MergedCellOutlineView
- Bugs fixed:
- Sometimes opening apps like OpenOffice.org would cause Jer’s Novel Writer to crash. The system font manager is sending an update to JersNW that is a) not relevant and b) troublesome. I never got the problem to happen in Laboratory conditions, but I put in code to make JersNW ignore the messages.
- Jer’s Novel Writer should run on G3 processors again
- Bugs fixed:
- The refactoring in 1.1.10 had the side effect of causing trouble when typing a key after a single character is selected. The character would be deleted rather than replaced with the typed character.
- Bugs fixed:
- Key cycling code interfered with cmd-I for italics and similar shortcuts. Not quite sure how, but the refactoring made the code better anyway.
Road map of upcoming development:
A rather out-of-date outline of features coming up in the next versions is over here in the forums. It is subject to frequent change; if you don’t see your favorite wish list item, please leave a comment. Complaining is more than a right; it’s a responsibility.
For opening (really, really) ancient files:
Version 0.5.2.1 is the last version I promise will open up files created with versions 0.4.1.0 and earlier. It is just becoming too much of a hassle to keep up with all the old data formats. This release has quite a lot of code in it for conversion of older formats.
Please let me know if you experience any difficulties.
Pingback: The Mac Novel Writer We Forgot Is Worth A Look | Mac App Reviews … | Google Adsense Keyword